Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am Thankful for...

Medicine!
Poor little Malin has been sick. For a couple weeks now she's been super stuffed up. Then when we were down in Southern AB, she got a cough. After 3 days of having the cough I just couldn't take it anymore so we took her to the hospital. Well Malin is a crazy little girl with the energy of 10 normal babies. So to the doctor she seemed perfectly normal. She was sitting nicely on my lap, playing nicely with a toy. Instead of climbing all over me and waking me in the face with her toys. Looking around curiously and whimpering a little bit. Instead of grabbing everything she comes in contact with and screeching at the top of her lungs. Malin is constantly on the go. So when the doctor came in to check on her he said she doesn't look sick to me. And he was kinda right, she seemed perfectly fine for a normal baby. He checked her quick and came to the conclusion she wasn't sick enough to do anything for her. That was on a Thursday. Well by Monday night she was looking pretty bad. I slept in her room with her that night. She was up almost every hour. She was having a hard time breathing, she was hacking her head off, and she had this sad little sick cry, saddest cry I've ever heard. She woke up at 6 and would hardly eat anything and went back to bed till 9 30, when I figured she was ready to get up. So I tried feeding her, she wouldn't have it, I tried taking her in the shower to help clear her nose, and all she did was snuggle and whimper. So off to bed again at 10am. By 11 45 Malin was still sleeping, so I decided no baby sleeps till noon if they're not sick! Sure enough Malin has an ear and chest infection, super stuffy nose, and a fever. At least that's what I got from the doctor, he's East Indian and I can hardly understand a word he says. We got her some drugs and I'm pleased to say she is almost her normals self again!!! crazy what a day of antibiotics can do to a person. She slept all night. Still isn't eating how I'd like but I'm sure that'll change soon. I think she's so happy that shes not super sick anymore, I could drop her on her head and she'd still be smiling and laughing. Right before she got sick she was experimenting with crawling, but just didn't have the energy to try lately. So far today shes gotten into the dvd's, my unpacked suitcase, the dirty towels, and figured out letting go of the bed while standing isn't a good idea. Also she hasn't stopped smiling and screeching at decibels only dogs can hear all day. And tuns more, this little girl amazes me with how much energy she has. I just love her. I have been spoiling her a bit too much lately. Little kids should not get sick, its just too sad to watch.
It really is crazy what medicine can do though. She did a complete 360, in less then 24 hours. I cant even imagine living back when a cold was life threatening. Anyways, I'm happy she's feeling better, but I am a little sad I wont be getting as much snuggles anymore.

I tried adding a video of Malin but it didnt work for some reason. Sorry no new pictures either.

4 comments:

  1. i need pictures of this little girl!!! so glad she's not so sick anymore!! poor little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, sick little babies are such a sad thing, you just feel so bad for them! Medicine is a good thing! Get better Malin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy she's feeling better, it was really hard for this grandma to hear how sick she was and not be there to help you and to hold her. Glad she's almost back to her old self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this is one of my all time favorite pictures of Malin. I love your new blog picture, it great!!!!!!!!!! Mom :)

    ReplyDelete