Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week with Granny

Well I really should have posted this yesterday. My mom had her birthday yesterday!! So for her present from my Dad, Janna, and myself, we had her come stay up in Edmonton with us for a week, 3 days with me 3 days with Janna.
My whole family came up Saturday morning for Balian's blessing on Sunday. He was the cutest little man. Saturday night the guys (+ mom) stayed home and watched UFC, while the girls went swimming. It was SOO fun. It was Cory & Tawni, Janna & Bails, Me & Malin, and Neechel. We went super late at night so I was half expecting Malin to be a brat, but boy did she have the time of her life. We got some super cute photos and video of Malin, but their on Janna's phone so I'll have to try and get them from her soon.
My mom stayed at my house Sunday-Tuesday. Man, who doesn't like when Granny comes to stay. Dirty dishes magically become clean, dirty diapers mysteriously get changed, clothes some how fold them selves, FREE babysitter. Best of all, someone else to share in giving Malin attention! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE playing with Malin, and giving her loves, but let me tell ya, she is just one tiny person full of way to much energy. She doesn't stop, EVER. Malin was just soaking up all the attention. She loves her Granny, she even gave her one of her famous open mouth kisses, and she doesn't just hand those out to anyone.
Most of the time we just enjoyed each others company. Even though she switched staying at houses we were always either at Janna's when she was here or the other way around. We also went shopping! My mom found the cutest clothes, that I'm extremely jealous of. We went to Olive Garden for lunch, and man am I so not impressed with them. Basically our waitress sucked, our food was cold, and we didn't get to choose soup or salad she just brought us a salad that we didn't want. So I stole a handful of mint chocolates haha. Other then that we just hung out.


My Mom is pretty awesome. Shes very kind and generous. Extremely understanding. Cant count how many times I'd do bad on a test, have a bad day, or anything really and my Mom was there to tell me it was ok and that she was sure I did my best. Shes supportive, and is very proud of all of her kids. She's had health problems quite a bit, but I never really ever hear her complain about it, she just sucks it up (or cries when no ones looking haha). She has a very strong testimony of the church, and always shares it. Shes loves her Grand kids. Shes an awesome Mom/Grandma, and I love her for it. Thanks for coming and staying Granny, Malin misses having you around.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Shay, that was a nice tribute. I love all of you so much, this was the best birthday ever. I miss my two little Edmonton people.

    ReplyDelete