Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Daddy-o

Today my dad turns the 50! Pretty crazy, he can now say he's lived for half a century. Cant say I feel to bad for him since he's spending his birthday in Las Vegas.
My dads a pretty cool guy. Here are some things I love about my dad. (not in order of coarse.)
He's super fun. When we were little he would always play with us. He'd go outside in the snow with us, and would have no problem tackling us in the snow. I would always play chess with him. He tried to teach me golf but I always got to bored by the 4th or 5th hole to really care.
He always supported us in everything we did. He would come to all my sporting events that he could. Even my boring jr high basketball games, and we all know how extremely boring those are!! He once took work off to come to one of my track meets and I remember feeling pretty darn special!! He was and is always there when I need him.
Not only do I love him but most everyone he comes in contact with. When I first moved to Barnwell people were always coming up to me asking me if I was Jim Steeds daughter and after I would reply with yes they would start telling me just how much they liked my dad.
He loves his grandkids!! Malin loves her Grandpa Steed. My dad would have no problem at all spending an entire day with any of his grand kids.
My dad is an amazing example. Growing up I always respected his opinion, even if I didnt like the answer, and would confide in him in my important decisions. My dad is an awesome example of how we should live our lives in the church. I love hearing my dads testimony, and know what he is saying he really believes and is true. I knew I could go to my dad at anytime to ask for a blessing. My dad is always trying to be a better man.
My dad is a pretty amazing guy. I love him and am so happy hes my dad. Love ya dad!! hope you have a fun time in Las Vegas!!!

Sadly enough this is one of the only pictures I could find of me and my dad.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks crazy...I remember going to his 40 th birthday party. Where has a decade gone? Wish him happy birthday for us

    Love,
    Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your dad is 50 either. He is pretty amazing, still pretty hot and handsome for being 50, I love him tons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ditto this post. Haha that was a really nice post Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet Shayla! Yay! for awesome dads - I have one too! Miss you guys - how's that adorable little Malin doing? XOXO

    ReplyDelete