Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rather Impressed

Some of you might not know that I quite enjoy sewing. I wouldn't classify myself as a really good sewer, but I do know a little bit. There are TONS of projects I've started and just haven't finished. Mostly because it doesn't turn out the way I was planning and I just got to mad and frustrated to finish. Recently I have taken on the project of making a dress for Malin and 2 of Neechels future nieces for her wedding. I was pretty scared cause I didnt have a pattern, I just kinda made one up. Do you know how hard it is to find a pattern for a little girl, IMPOSSIBLE!!! Anyways, I got the idea for the bodice of the dress from one of her dresses, and the skirt from my niece Laurens skirt. I have to admit I'm rather proud of myself. It turned out relatively good. I'm going to change just the tiniest bit for the next 2 but all in all I'm pleased!! Let me know what you think of it!!! Don't mind the slobber on the dress, Malin is drooling like CRAZY!!!



11 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! it's soooooo cute!! you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing, maybe you should try making something for me!!!! Can't wait to see her in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANG! Shayla, I'm thoroughly impressed.
    When I grow up I want to be like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great!! sometimes working without a pattern gives you a lot more freedom and it ends up fitting better in some weird way. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i keep coming back to look at it! i absolutely love it!!! malin is adorable as usual!! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crapamolli Shayla, look at you go!! That is fantastic! Teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo cute!! I love it! I'm so jealous. When I have kids will you sew them dresses please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think that has got to be the cutest little girl in the cutest little dress EVER. way to go shay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! U did such a great job. Cant wait to c Madilyn's dress. Ur lil Malin is a doll. Such a good little model already. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. umn shayla that is adorable great job!! Helps that she is so dang cute too!!

    ReplyDelete