Friday, September 17, 2010

Mirage

Strangely enough Malin has been THE best baby lately. She slept for 12 hours last night only waking up once to eat. She's sleeping pretty much all day and when shes not sleeping shes snuggling or just chilling out in her swing. She's stopped having hysterical bawling fits and traded them for whimpering. And also stoped crying half as much as usual. I have to remind her to eat instead of her begging me to eat every 2 hours. Shes still smiling. Isnt as chatty as usual (which gets annoying (as cute as it is) when were trying to watch a movie and shes over in her chair blowing bubbles and babbling on). Shes just been so good.
Well i'm not happy one bit about these changes and i'll tell you why. She SICK!!! Poor Malin it breaks my heart, i dont think shes too sick cuz she still seems to be pretty happy but its sad. Most people would think shes an amazing baby but really I know shes just slept for 12 hours at night and most of the day, (I really think she was only up for maybe 4 hours during the day yesterday), Because shes sick and needs sleep to recover. I know the only reason she chills in her swing instead of kicking her legs like crazy, and talking to herself in the mirrior above, and pushing her blanket off, is because she exhausted (even though all she does is sleep) and cant manage to do anything but lay in the swing. I love that shes a snuggler right now, and i'll give her all the snuggles she wants!! I slept in her room last night just incase she needed me... which she didnt she slept all night haha. This just isnt our usual little girl. Malin can go from smiling to 2 seconds later screaming her face off, and she wont stop till she gets what she wants. there is no happy medium with her she doesnt start of wimpering and then gradually gets louder, nope she'll just scream like shes dying. We call her the drama queen. But she knows what she wants and wont stop till she gets it. I'm sure she's going to be very successful in life, I can all ready tell shes going to be very passionate about everything. Its just a little cold and really the worst part about it is shes just so stuffed up she cant really breathe. I put her in her car seat to sleep last night and bought her some saline drops and a humidifier and that seemed to help. But i cant lay her on her back or all she does is cough and gag on her stuffyness. She hasnt had a fever yet so i'm not to worried.
I have no idea what i'm going to do when she really gets sick, and just feels miserable, a cold is hard enough, i just want to hold her and kiss her and make her feel better as it is. She seems to be doing a lot better today. She's still sleeping probably 18- 20 hours out of the day but she seems to be more active when shes awake. The only thing thats really bothering me is that shes not eating as much as she usually does. She doesnt seem to want to eat. 4 hours will go by and then i'll realize she hasnt eaten in a while so i'll feed her and she'll only eat half of one side. where as shes usually wanting to eat every 2-3 hours and eats on both sides. The nurse told me if her soft spot is caved in shes dehydrated, and its been pretty good so she must be getting enough and shes still pooping but it seems weird to me that shes cutting back on what she eats, or do they just eat less when they get older i have no idea.
I was the one that got sick in the first place so it was nice of Malin to wait till i got over the worst of my cold before she got sick, but stinks that she got sick i thought i had gotten lucky and hadnt passed it on to Malin but sure enough wednesday night she was stuffy as could be!
Well thats whats been happing to us since Monday. I was sick till around wednesday, fever, stuffed, feeling like crap, then Malin got sick wednesday. Josh is just stuffy no sickness on his part.
Josh is doing really good in school hes really enjoying it. Maybe i'll get him to do a blog about it since i dont really know anything about it other then he has to learn alot and has test like every day, and really long labs where he makes things, haha.
This first picture is one i took of malin today in her chair then the rest are just updates of her. Enjoy!!!!



























4 comments:

  1. those are such cute pics!!! i love when she's all wide eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Shayla, she is just positively to die for. I can't stand how flippin cute she is! And how much she looks like you!

    Hope she feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on someone else's, so I thought I would come out of anonymity and leave a comment! That's so sad that she's sick - she is the cutest thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated it when you guys were sick when you were babies, it was hard. Glad she's feeling better. Love the pics, my two favorite are the ones where you just see her head and she's all wrapped up in her pink blanket. I love her big eyes, the first one is the cutest, I think you should change your profile picture to that one. Can hardly wait to see her in October. Miss you guys tons. Love, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete