Well, Ive finally got around to writing this down.
My due date was Mon March 12. My sister in-law told me about this magical drink that 6 out of 6 women went into labor after drinking, so I decided to give it a try. Around noon on my due date, I drank the DISGUSTING concoction, and waited. I had contraction for 9 hours, but they never progressed. I decided to give it another try the next day and same thing, 4 hours of contractions that never progressed and then stopped. Pretty depressing, seeing as how I was the first person she knew of that didn't go into labor after drinking it.
Out of desperation I drank it again on Saturday, 5 days after my due date. At 4:30 I started having contractions. They didn't really hurt much, I thought they could just be hix again. Around 6:30 they were starting to get painful. I was still a bit reluctant to hope I was in labor. But they continued to get more painful, so at 11ish we decided to go see if I was actually in labor. We got there, and THEY STOPPED! worst nightmare ever haha. I felt like an idiot. But they decided to check me anyways, and walla 5 CM!!! YAY! We couldn't believe it, since it took me forever to progress last time.
Since I was doing a VBac, I had to be hooked up to the stinken monitors the whole time, since the first sign of something going wrong is if the babies heart rate went down. So they hooked me up to everything, and the wait began. I was doing relatively good until about 3:00. Contractions were really starting to hurt and I caved. I got really scared I was going to end up having another c section, and I didn't want to go thorough all this pain just to get a c section, so I asked for an epidural... But didn't get one! GAH! In no time at all I felt like I had to push, but my water hadn't broke yet and the doctor was no where to be found. So, for almost an hour I felt like pushing but wasn't able to. Lets just say I wasn't in my right mind haha. Cant remember everything, but there was a lot of screaming and telling the nurse to go get the doctor haha. FINALLY the doctor came and broke my water.
I got to start pushing!! YAY! After a short while, the doctor said it would be a while and left. That's when I started to really freak out. If the doctor wasn't even going to stick around that made me think this baby was not coming. So I kept yelling at my nurse that I was done and wanted a c section. I was convinced I was going to end up with a c section again. Luckily, my nurse was AMAZING. She was very patient, and helped me so much. She even found a portable monitor that allowed me to get in the shower, which she later got in trouble for haha. An hour and half later she still wasn't here!!! My doctor wasn't an OBG so they brought the one on call in, and she decided the baby needed to be delivered because her heart rate was going down. This meant forceps. WOW! Its a good thing I also wanted that baby out, because I don't think any normal person would willingly let those things even remotely close to them other wise.
With in 2 min I went to having just my nurse in the room to having 12 people. Josh said that the doctor and another doctor both had their hands on the forceps, he was sure they were going to do some major damage haha. Finally at 6:06 Seviya Anne Anderson was born. 7lbs, 15 oz, 20 inches long. She cried for 20 seconds and then was more then content to sit under the lamps.
Funny moments. I screamed MUCH more then I thought I would. Kinda funny, because as I was screaming in my mind I was saying, I'm one of those women who scare the crap out of all those other women who have just started labor. BUT, I did not once swear, which I was impressed with haha.
We had to wait quite a while for the OBG to come. Her name was DR. Whon (sp?) They kept saying SHE"S with another patient, SHE"LL be here soon. So after I've asked a million times when she was coming, a black guy doctor walked in. I looked at him and asked "are you doctor Whon?" Every one just kinda looked at me, and he said No. And I replied with "well when is she going to get here!!" Josh laughed at me so hard after everything was over. Not only did they keep saying SHE, buy most black people don't have Asian last names haha.
After Seviya was born, and they were starting to stitch me up, my doctor looks up at Josh and in her cute accent said " o dear you don't look good. Someone get him some juice and a cold rag" Haha Josh was taken a little back by the forceps as well. But he did really good with me. He was VERY patient, even though he said he wanted to smack me and tell me to stop asking the same thing over and over again haha.
I did it! I was able to do a natural birth. After she was born the doctor said it was a good thing she wasn't any bigger. So that still worries me about next time, and my fear of having to get another c section. The experience was CRAZY, but I am so relieved and happy I was able to do it.
Seviya is SUCH a good baby. She hardly ever cries, sleeps good, eats good, and is so happy. She doesn't cry when she gets her diaper changed, or when shes in the tub. She smiles when her big sis gives her kisses, and is just such a good baby! I'm SO happy she is finally here, and I think we'll keep her haha.













She is so cute! And don't even worry about the screaming. You should have heard me with Benton!
ReplyDelete