Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas and More

Well Christmas was a blast, and very long!! I loved visiting family, but 2 weeks of no schedule for Malin was just as hard on me, as it was on her.
We stayed at Joshuas family for a couple nights first. It was a lot of fun. We went to the live Nativity, which was an awesome experience. Olivia had the chicken pox so we didn't get to see the Edlunds. Malin of coarse loved being back on the farm. She played with Parley for a good 30 min the first morning we were there. Everytime I opened the door for her to come in she would run screaming no and slam it shut haha. For some reason, when ever Grandpa Ricky walks into the room Malin has to show off. Which meant running and throwing herself on the ground, no idea what goes on in that little girls head.
Next we spent a whole week at my parents. It started off really good, but by the end of the week Malin was exhausted and had had enough. She was cranky, and had no patience for anyone or anything. While there my dad took Malin and Bails sledding. It was soo cute. They loved it! Till they took a sharp turn and face planted in the snow, haha it was pretty funny. But they were a little bit scared after that.







We spent most of the time just hanging out and enjoying each others company. For some reason I only took 4 pictures! I know I'm so lame!!! this is one of the only ones I got with any of my family members.


Miss her! It was so fun to live 5 min away from her last year. It's so boring here now that Its just Malin and Me. I'm pretty sure Malin feels the same way.

Christmas eve we had lots of snacks and played games. And Santa came. For some reason Malin has turned into a huge ma mas girl lately. She use to go to anyone, and had no problem when I left. Complete opposite now. So she wasn't to sure about Santa haha. Maybe next year.


Grandma and Grandpa with their favorite little people.


Christmas Morning was awesome. We woke up, got ready, went to church and had an awesome sacrament. The whole thing was music, and everyone did an amazing job. It was really nice to start the day off thinking of Christ instead of an after thought once all the presents were opened. At my parents house we open presents one at a time. This of coarse drove Joshua insane. He hates when people watch him open presents, so he snuck away and opened his haha. I got a watch that I LOVE! a spa package that I'm dying to use, and a Oilers jersey that yes I did actually want!!! from Josh. He spoiled me this year. Josh Got an Oilers jersey, another jersey I forgot, and I guess you can consider the Ipad he needed to get for school as a Christmas present as well. Malin got spoiled. She figured how to open the presents by the end but didnt quite figure out they were for her. It was also her nap time, so she took a nap half way through haha. She got Mega blocks and a huge Mr. Potato head with tuns of stuff in it from my parents. And a car to ride on and a doggie pillow and blanket from us. My Parents were very generous this year and got us a video camera that I really hope we use!!! we don't have hardly any videos of Malin.

Malin decided to lay down and have a quiet time while everyone else opened presents haha.






Cousins!!





Malin had a blast with all her cousins. She would light right up and squeal and give Bails a big hug every morning she saw him. By the end of the week like I said, she had no patience and was exhausted, so she turned into a bit of a stinker, and wouldn't play nice. But she would still give Bails and Tawni loves every once in a while.

On Dec 30, we went to the Water park with Emily and Andrew and Jay and Steph. It was sooo much fun. And of coarse we didn't take any photos while their!!! I'm so mad at myself. The kids were just exhausted after 7 hours at the pool!!








Malin and Penny are besties. They love each other and play so good together. Penny usually just does what ever Malin does, its so cute!!!

Well that was Our Christmas, we had so much fun, but were very happy to get back to our normal life,

2 comments: