Friday, March 25, 2011

Achievements

Malin is official no longer a baby! She is a little girl now, or at least she thinks so. About a month ago I went in to get her up from her nap, and found this.

Sometimes its annoying, I'll be trying to put her down, and she just keeps popping back up. Other times its cute. I'll go in to get her up, and shes just standing there smiling at me. Shes kinda learned that she doesn't have to cry for everything now. So I'll have stuck her down for a nap, and then I'll hear this little high pitch squeal, then another squeal 10 seconds later. This goes on till I go in her room, and there she is standing up smiling at me. I'll put her down, and if she just does it again I'll get her up. Most times she'll go to sleep, shes such a little crazy.

Malin is crawling ALL OVER, and has been for the last 3 weeks! Its really funny though, she hasn't figured out how to go from one room to the next.
Here she is wanting so bad to play with the broom and mop.


Hmmm, how do I crawl across this?


All right! Here I come.


And...Backing up!


It literally use to take her 20 min of going back and forth before She'd actually get across. She is doing a lot better now, and only takes 5 min haha.

This is her new approach. Hands and feet.


Not only has she learned to stand up in her crib, but everywhere else. The other day she was holding on to the couch with one hand, then all of a sudden she was standing by herself! Only for about 5 seconds, but crazy hey. If we help her balance she can stand for up to 20 seconds before she sits down.

Shes falling down in this picture, but she can really stand for a while by herself, we just couldn't capture it on camera.


One of her favorite things to do is to turn the playstation and T.V. off. What a little brat. Look how short her little legs are!!



I'm happy to announce Malin FINALLY has a tooth!! Its been along time coming. Malin is a HORRIBLE teether. She has been teething 4 times before that dang tooth decided to finally come out. This last time was particularly bad. She was super grouchy for a month! She got an ear infection and had a super high fever for 2 days. It was so sad, she just snuggled all day long. Then finally A TOOTH! Shes been as happy as ever, crawling all over the place and playing by herself all day long. Really hope every tooth isn't like that.

Of coarse she is still eating like a crazy lady! Since she had her chest and ear infection she has decided she doesn't like to nurse. For the last month its been a battle to get her to nurse. I can kinda force her to nurse in the morning, but that's about it. I decided last night she is close enough to 9 months, and am going to start her on milk. I gave her 3 ounces of homo milk, she loved it!!! I gave her another 3 ounces this morning. I know a lot of you probably think I'm a horrible Mom, and that I'm going to cause all sorts of problems for Malin. Lets look at the facts though. She wont nurse, so wont take formula, and she is in between the 5th and 10th percentile, and she was born at the 75%. Pretty sure she is better off on cows milk, then no milk at all. My Mom put me on cows milk at 5 months and I'm still alive.

She is shaking her head like she is saying no. I even swear she has said the word no twice.

She is getting so big. She really seems more like a little girl then a baby now. We bought her a toy that she can push around and walk with. We bought it a week ago and she has now figured out how to stand up without it rolling away and her falling on her face. She'll push it really slow and walk with it. Pretty sure within the next couple weeks she'll be running around the house with it. I just love this little girl!!! Whats not to love!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I can't believe she's crawling so much already! And almost walking?! She just might beat Jacob to it after all. He's such a little chicken. He used to turn the TV off all the time too, until we got a fence haha. Awe she's just so cute! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I love my little Malsy!!! She's getting so grown up! And as always she's absolutely ADORABLE! come live with me malin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cows milk is a great idea!!! All the health information for AB says 9-12 months to start on it anyways. We waited till just after 12 months for Kaylan and she hated it! She didn't start drinking it till just a couple months ago. I wished I'd introduced it a bit earlier just so she could get used to it!
    Malin is so adorable! I love her blue eyes, I hope I get to see you guys at the reunion in July!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, I love your new picture for your blog. I'm dying right now. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. And Malin's getting so big! holy cow! I love her.

    ReplyDelete