Malin is for the most part very good at sleeping, has been since she was born. When I see that Malin is sleepy i stick her on her blanket, give her a kiss, pop the soother in her mouth and cover her with the blanket. On the way to her room I'll pat her butt and shush her then I stick her right down into her crib. She cuddles up the the side of her little nest I made her, makes her sleepy noises for a couple minutes, and goes to sleep. On a few occasions I wait too long to put her to sleep and I'll have to rock her for about all of 30 seconds till she decides she really is sleepy. And when I've been a really bad mom and have totally neglected the fact that she needs naps, she screams her head off for anywhere from a couple minutes to 20 min. Then she'll just suddenly pass out. So all in all shes a good sleeper but. At night the only time she wakes up is if she needs her soother or is hungry. If the soother doesnt work I know shes hungry. After she gets what she wants she goes right back to sleep.
Now let me explain the "is it really that bad" question. Some nights... starting to be most nights, when I put Malin down for the night to go to sleep for good, she goes down fine but wakes up an hour and half later (cuz she knows she doesn't get out of her crib till shes slept at least that long for her naps) and think its time to get up. And sometimes during her nap she'll either sleep the whole hour and half, or wake up 45 min in. When she wakes up early she cant fall back asleep. I have to get her out and rock her. Most times I only have to rock for a couple minutes and shes good to finish the rest of her nap. At bed time it takes a little more convincing that its bed time and not the end of her nap. So heres my question, is it REALLY that bad to rock her to sleep when she wakes up when shes going to bed so good. I know the reason she probably cant fall back to sleep on her own is cuz I'm rocking her back to bed, but I like it to much. She only snuggles when shes sleepy, sick, or traumatized. Sometimes she falls asleep and I just keep holding her for a while longer. Or when she wakes up during one of her naps when I'm taking a nap I'll just bring her into bed with me which I LOVE. When she sleeps with me she doesn't even suck on her soother she spits it out and just snuggles with me! I love it. I know I should teach her to fall asleep on her own... but she is only almost 4 months in a week. Is it really that bad... I say no, but I'm the one getting snuggles from the cutest little girl ever.
She use to be able to go 6-8 hours with out eating during the night but lately its only 4 hrs, so I'm thinking shes getting more hungry. So we decided to start her on Rice cereal haha. Shes not to sure what to make of it. We've hardly fed her any and not everyday but heres some pictures of the first event.
Shes getting so big!!! Shes starting to put her knees under her belly and wanting to move. Shes starting to kinda sit on her own. She can sit on her own for about 10 - 15 seconds then tries to reach for something and falls over... and she cant quite sit with her back straight... or I think she just doesnt want to.
words cant describe how much i adore baby overalls. SO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteShay,
ReplyDeleteRock Malin is a sleep prop, the more you do it the more she will need you too and in time it WILL drive you crazy. Especially when you are pregnant with antoher little one and so tired but until you hit the wall of hating to get up all through the night I say, GO FOR IT! If you love it and she loves it the only one it is hurting is you, since you are the one getting up all teh time. When you get tired of it you can sleep train her and it should only take 3-5 nights of hard work and that will be the. I was like this with AJ and will never regret it. You have to let you other babies cry it out sooner since you are in charge of all you kids and can't affored to be tired. Enjoy your first baby and all the snuggle time you can because it won't always be like that. You'll know when you're ready to train her.
I agree with Lacey. Sleep training is a marvellous thing, but you have to use your mother's instinct too. Plus she's your first baby, so snuggle while you can! I love Jacob's snuggles and can never get enough. Good luck with that adorable little munchkin!
ReplyDeleteAll of you guys were good sleepers through the night, so I can't really help you there. I did love rocking each of you after nursing and cuddling for a few minutes before I would put you to bed. I loved that time. That little girl is the cutest ever, I just love her little face. You are a great mom, so keep doing what you feel is best, she'll figure it out. It will take a couple of hard nights like Lacey said, but she's still little, she won't be little for much longer, so enjoy it. Love you tons!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe has already grown since we were there! Looking older, bigger and cute as ever! xoxo
ReplyDeletei LOVE the picture right before the sitting ones! her eyes are soo cute! i miss that lil babe!!! love her tons!
ReplyDelete